The Gift That Keeps On Giving
Berkeley Symphony’s Legacy Society is a group of committed supporters who ensure the future of your Symphony. By joining the Legacy Society and including Berkeley Symphony in your estate planning, you reap the rewards of substantial tax benefits and get the satisfaction of knowing that, through your gift, you are providing music for generations to come.
Legacy Society Members enjoy unique benefits including:
- Private salons with Music Director Joseph Young
- Recognition in program books throughout the season
- Invitations to exclusive Berkeley Symphony events
- Access to VIP Ticket Service
- Exclusive invitation to yearly Berkeley Symphony dress rehearsal for you and your guests
- Access to meet and greets with Berkeley Symphony musicians, resident composers, and Music Director Joseph Young
- Invitations to attend and observe educational programs
“At a certain time in our lives, we have to reflect on those people and institutions that are of true importance to us and make sure they continue to prosper in the future. Legacy giving to Berkeley Symphony helps us ensure that the symphony we love and have supported for many years will continue to benefit, grow and flourish.” – John Dewes and Kathy Henschel
Not Sure How to Get Started?
We know that the subject of estate planning can feel daunting, and that there are myths out there that prevent us from taking action on directing our assets toward our loved ones and favorite causes. We’d like to disprove some of those myths, and offer some tools to support you!
- It’s too early for me to think about my will! We hope you won’t need to use it for many years to come, but it is never too early to start planning ahead. Whether you are eighteen or eighty, having a will can give you peace of mind that your wishes and loved ones are taken care of, no matter what.
- I wrote my will a couple of years ago so I’m set. Have you acquired new property? Do you have children or grandchildren? Life changes fast, so it is recommended that you update your will at least every five years.
- I am not a wealthy person. You may be surprised at the value of your assets. Making a will now will ensure that your assets are not snared in red tape, and retain their maximum value when distributed to your family and favorite causes.
- Estate planning is expensive and complicated. There are tools available such as FreeWill.com that make estate planning easy! Their free online tool guides you through the process of creating a legally valid will in 20 minutes or less.
Contact [email protected] for more information or call (510) 841-2800.
Berkeley Symphony is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, TAX ID #23-7219508.
Berkeley Symphony celebrates our unique and diverse community through music—creating live performances and educational programs to engage the curiosity, spirit, and intellect of our audiences.
What We Do
With the help of our community, Berkeley Symphony provides:
- Dynamic performances with world-premiere commissions and renowned guest artists
- The award-winning Music in the Schools program, which provides music education to every public elementary school student in Berkeley, free of charge
- Employment opportunities for over 100 local musicians
- Free concerts that make symphonic music accessible to everyone in the community
- Community-strengthening partnerships with local organizations and groups to ensure the Berkeley of the future is vibrant, connected, and strong