No current openings.
2016-17 Internships: Box Office, Arts Administration
Berkeley Symphony seeks enthusiastic and organized interns for our 2016-17 season. With four must-see soloists, three West Coast premieres, and one newly commissioned symphony, we have a thrilling season ahead!
These positions are unpaid, averaging around 10 hours per week. Scheduling is flexible. A commitment to the full 2016-17 concert season (September – May) is preferred.
Internship Summary & Qualifications: Interns will assist the Patron Services Manager with all box office projects, including arts database management, patron inquiries and ticketing, events support, and audience development initiatives. The Interns will be included in Berkeley Symphony’s day-to-day operations, marketing, development, and production activities. The ideal candidates will have strong customer service and organizational skills. Interest in arts management and knowledge about music are pluses.
- Get an insider’s perspective on a thriving, local arts nonprofit with an international profile
- Acquire highly transferable skills you can apply to a career in the performing arts, customer relations, event coordination, and/or the nonprofit sector
- Work with a supportive team of experienced and passionate arts administrators
- Enjoy complimentary tickets to all season concerts
- Past interns have gone on to positions at SF Jazz Center, Brunswick Group, and Wells Fargo
About Berkeley Symphony: Berkeley Symphony champions symphonic music as a living art form – creating live performances and educational programs that engage the intellect, spark the curiosity, and delight the spirit of Berkeley and surrounding Bay Area communities. The orchestra performs four main-stage concerts a year in Zellerbach Hall on UC Berkeley campus and has been honored with an Adventurous Programming Award from the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) in nine of the past eleven seasons. The orchestra additionally partners with the Berkeley Unified School District to produce the award-winning Music in the Schools program, providing comprehensive, age-appropriate music curricula to more than 4,500 local students each year.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.