No current openings.
2017-18 Internships: Arts Administration
New discoveries and adored favorites. Artists from around the world and around the block.
Be a part of the passion, innovation, and excellence of Berkeley Symphony as a 2017-2018 Season Intern!
Internship Summary & Qualifications: Interns will assist in a variety of areas related to Berkeley Symphony’s day-to-day operations, including marketing, development, and production. Tasks include events support, grant research and proposal development, audience development initiatives, and donor acknowledgment. The ideal candidates will have strong customer service, writing, and organizational skills. Experience with database programs and interest in arts management are pluses. These positions are unpaid, averaging 10 hours per week; scheduling is flexible.
- Get an insider’s perspective on a thriving, local arts nonprofit with an international profile
- Acquire highly transferable skills you can apply to a career in the performing arts, customer relations, event coordination, and/or the nonprofit sector
- Work with a supportive team of experienced and passionate arts administrators
- Enjoy complimentary tickets to all season concerts
- Past interns have gone on to positions at SFJAZZ, Brunswick Group, Wells Fargo, and more
About Berkeley Symphony: Recognized both locally and internationally for its spirited programming and community service, Berkeley Symphony is renowned for its dedication to presenting vibrant contemporary and classical masterworks. Under the direction of Joana Carneiro, Music Director, the Symphony presents public Symphonic, Chamber, and Family series performances, and produces over 330 Music in the Schools events annually. Berkeley Symphony is the recipient of numerous ASCAP awards for adventurous programming, and the orchestra been called “the model of self generating excellence” (Financial Times) with “a winning catalog of musical virtues” (SF Chronicle).
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.